NOYB

Default Disappointment

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
It's a threat to the well-being of kids growing up in such a screwed up
environment. It's the moral decay of a society which is dominated by
homosexuality. You think it's not a problem? Look at the history of
civilizations in which homosexuality flourished.

That logic is almost as flawed as "if you don't support sending our troops

the war in Iraq, you're hoping they get killed".

Gay marriage is illegal in Florida, right?
According to your statement above, there must not be any homosexuals in

the
entire state. If they can't marry, they'll simply disappear.

Gay marriage won't determine whether homosexually exists or not. However,
it will only be one more thing thing that will help it to flourish. Homos
are happy accomplishing their goal in baby steps. They have already managed
to bring the issue front-and-center and get a large portion of the
population to "accept" it. They make movies, documentaries, sitcoms, etc.
that bombard us every day with the idea of "accepting" homosexuality.

At least you are honest enough to say that your real agenda is to somehow
eliminate homosexuality. (You could give a rip about marriage.)

I'd love to eliminate homosexuality. Personally, I think it's a lifestyle
*choice*, rather than something you're born with. It's a psychological
disease that should be listed among the personality disorders.

The other good one I hear from the right on this issue is the AIDS

argument.
"Gays
spread AIDS and other diseases, and if we allow them to marry our health

care
costs
will go through the roof." What a crock.

Gays *do* spread AIDs and other sexually transmitted diseases at a much
higher rate *proportionately* than heterosexuals. Letting them marry won't
raise the rate of AIDS...unless more kids grow up to be gay because their
"parents" were gay.

Since gays generally cannot marry at the current time, there must not be

any
gay sex taking place, and therefore there must be few or no incidents of
sexually transmitted HIV. Sure.

I'd be willing to bet that gay sex is more prevalent today than when the
issue of homosexuality was "in the closet".

By encouraging monogamous relationships, whether among the gay or straight
community, the amount of screwing around should decrease. The fewer

partners
the average person has, the
lower the odds of contracting or spreading AIDS.

Agreed. But, statistically, homosexuals are more likely to have multiple
partners than heterosexuals.

The last rib tickler is the argument that
"people will marry sheep! Grown men will marry 9-year olds! People will

marry
their parents! Eleven men will move in with seventeen women and they'll

call it
some kind of marriage!" Nonsense. A legal civil union should be allowed

between
any *two* consenting *adults* who are *not closely related*.

Why can't they be closely related? Does that not fit into *your* accepted
norm? A brother and sister marrying is no more and no less disgusting than
two guys marrying.