posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jeannette[_2_] Jeannette[_2_] is offline

Default Nav & Position report pgm sharing GPS

wrote:

Hi Jeanette, I want to be able to keep my nav program tracking on the
route I am on while I gather data from the GPS for position reports
via winlink. When the com port that has the GPS is serving my nav
program, Airmail gets a com X is in use and can not read current GPS
data. Meindert's virtual port creating program is a good answer to
this if I can get it to run on XP.
UPDATE: I have gotten both programs to recognize a virtual port other
than the master port. The Cap'n is now flashing position alternating
with no fix at one second intervals. I guess that's progress. The
other thing I want to see it do is see it maintain data integrity when
I come out of hibernate. Hope it works, if not, I can alway either
close nav to get GPS to airmail, or enter data manually in airmail so
I keep track and time predictions going in nav.....Windoze is so much
fun to use LOL.Larry

I guess I never had a problem because I never had winlink and The Cap'n
working at the same time. I usually shut down the nav software when I do
my emails.

Jeannette