posted to rec.boats.electronics
Jeannette[_2_] Jeannette[_2_] is offline

Default Nav & Position report pgm sharing GPS

wrote:
I am running an XP comp. When underway, I use winlink connections to
give position report, but when I am running my Navigation program
(Cap'n 6.1), the GPS data is unavailable to airmail to get position,
course and speed info. Is ther ea way to have the GPS feed more than
one com port so that I can do this without closing the nav program to
make GPS (or it's com port) visible to airmail? TIA Larry

You don't need any special software. You can tell Winlink (Airmail)
where to look for the GPS data.
In the Module/Position Reports box, at the bottom right there is a check
box for data input and a 'setup' button next to it. You click setup
where you can set what port your GPS is on.
That's how it works for me.

Jeannette
Con Te Partiro
aa6jh