Capt John Capt John is offline

Default Cleaning diesel tank

On Dec 3, 9:53 pm, "Garland Gray II" wrote:
I don't think it is real dirty, but when I drop a tube down to the bottom to
pump out any water that might be there (I've never gotten much, at that),
there is some black grime on the tube.
Since the tank is coming out, I figure why not clean it."Paul Cassel" wrote in message

Garland Gray II wrote:
This winter I plan on removing my stainless steel fuel tank, so this is a
good time to clean the inside.

What makes you think it needs cleaning?- Hide quoted text -

They make some new kind of fuel additive that contains an enzyme that
supposedly digest the gunk over the winter, while the boats in
storage. It's made for boats, so I figure, what the hell, give it a
try. My fuel guy reccomended it. It was only $27 for a container big
enough to treat both tanks, so worst case, I waisted $27.

I'll know how it worked in the spring!