Peter HK Peter HK is offline

Default Cleaning diesel tank

"Garland Gray II" wrote in message
Good ideas Jeff and Gordon, but since the tank is coming out, I'd like to
just blast it out and drain it.

I did just that in late 2002 on my cruising cat. In early 2003 I went on a 3
month cruise and halfway through the diesel stopped. Managed to flush out
the fuel lines and kept it topped up and got home. When it was taken out and
a large inspection hatch cut, the comment was that it was unbelievable how
much garbage was in the bottom of the tank. I'd suggest an inspection port
so you can see if it is truly clean.
I'd put in additives and kept it full to prevent contamination, but I had
bought it second hand a few years earlier so who knows before that.

Peter HK