Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

John H. wrote:
On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:53:34 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:13:22 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

There's a direct corollary to boating here. There are minority interest
groups constantly trying to restrict or ban boater's right to enjoy their
interests. Some are well founded, but many are simply attempts to restrict
boaters because "they" don't share the same interest.
Yes, and some boater offended their sensibilities in some way by
running with an open exhaust or throwing a wake over their seawall,
etc.

I am all for freedom of boating, as long as it matches my kind of
boating. Since i don't fish, I think all fishing should be restricted
to 7 days a year, and all fishing boats should be taxed 50% higher than
I am. This will substantially reduce our gas consumption, and will help
reduce wakes and busy traffic on the weekend. To make sure all
fisherman are included in the tax, I recommend we register all fishing
poles.

Eisboch and Wayne won't have to pay the tax, since I think their kind of
boating is the preferred boating style.

Whoa, what about us fishing guys that don't fish on weekends? Where's my
lobbyist again?

Screw you. I don't fish, so you have to pay a excise tax. Now if you
want to change your boating style into something I agree with, well we
might be able to add you into the preferred boating tax schedule.