Jeff Fisher Jeff Fisher is offline

Default Cleaning diesel tank

I bought a 12v stainless steel pump at harbor freight and some hose, a
two ft length of copper pipe, a big water filter cartridge system and a
cheap spin on diesel filter and assembled a fuel filter. My biggest
problem was getting around the built-in baffles in the tank. When I was
done the tank leaked like it had been shot with a 12 gauge!

Garland Gray II wrote:
This winter I plan on removing my stainless steel fuel tank, so this is a
good time to clean the inside.
I figured I'd take it somewhere that does this sort of thing...steam it out,
I thought. The place recommended by my local fuel distributor said he would
just use a pressure washer, cold at that, and that I could do that as well
as he.
Now, maybe he is thinking of a 10,000 gal tank which is somewhat larger than
what I'm dealing with. Same principles would apply, but he'd have better
access than I will thru the little clean-out hole.
Anybody have experience with this ? Any suggestions ?