Harry Krause

Default Disappointment

John Gaquin wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

So? Are you saying the drop in marriage results from allowing gay
marriage?

Not specifically. I think (no data) it results from the perceived general
devaluation of marriage as a solid, stable societal institution.

About 50% of the marriages in this country end in divorce, and I suspect

The "whatever" attitude that results in a 50% divorce rate is, imo, part of
the same cultural ambivalence. I wonder how many couples actually read and
think about the marriage vows they speak.

I don't see it as redefinition as much as inclusion.

It's a redefinition to effect an inclusion, and the question is "Why?" The
central nut of public policy management is to provide the greatest good for
the greatest number. Why discommode 97% of the population to the benefit of
3%?

It does no harm. The fact that marriage ain't what it used to be isn't
the result of homosexuality or gay marriage.