Steve[_4_] Steve[_4_] is offline

Default Just wonder ..

"Paul Cassel" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
"Sir Thomas of Cannondale" wrote in message

It's hard to know beforehand what might set people off.

People who didn't read the Web site about the purpose of the trip may be
one thing which sets folks off.

I was impressed by the 1000-day sail until I saw the size of the boat. I
can't imagine they wouldn't be able to cram enough dehydrated food on it
for two people to live on for 33 months provided they have an ample
supply of fresh water. I had thought they would eat seaweed and fresh
fish each day. As it stands, the real trial will be suppressing the urge
to kill each other after the first couple of months.

1. There is nothing in his plan preventing him from being re-provisioned
by dink from a supplier ashore. He is afloat - not isolated. He has a
radio and probably all sorts of contacts ashore. He obvious had email and
Web access unless he's posting his blog by majicks.
2. Among the various ideas he's trying is a garden aboard.
3. His experiment is similar to those guys living in the biospheres
underground in AZ except his scenery changes.

If he can re-provision from an external source then is really isn't similar
to Biosphere 2, which was a closed system behind an airtight seal (until
being abandon during the previous century). Boy, people who don't read the
Web site about the purposes of these experiments is one thing that sets me
off!