Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:03:38 -0500, HK wrote:

It should be mandatory. Period.

So you believe that it is a proper role of government to protect
people from themselves?

What do you do when they take away your unsafe, low transom boat?

(for your own good, of course)

Ever the a**, eh, Dwayne?

Just answer my question Hairy. I believe there's a legitimate
philosophical issue at stake:

Do you believe that it is a proper role of government to protect
people from themselves?

Slight detour: Kids learn both good and bad habits from their parents. Even
the stupidest parents might wear seat belts if they were afraid of being
ticketed, and then their kids see them doing the right thing. I like the
law. And, the cops *do* write a lot of tickets here for failure to use
belts.