Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 10:37:54 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Dec 2, 1:31 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:02:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Again, I am willing to bet that the loudest advocates of helmet laws
don't
own a motorcycle.

Most likely the loudest advocates are relatives of dead or
brain-damaged former motorcycle owners.
That's usually how it works, ala MADD.

--Vic

What percentage of members of MADD do you suppose meet your stated
specifics? One quarter of one percent mabey??

Doesn't matter if that percent pushes legislation and gets it passed.
That's just how it works.

--Vic

Exactly. And that's why it has taken 20 years for motorcycle enthusiasts
to slowly counteract the well meaning, but minority opinion that got the
politician's ears.

Eisboch

The minority probably reacts to losing one of the adults in the family,
which may make them dependent on outside sources of support. We all know
what that means: Demonized by certain "types". The 54%, in other words.