Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:39:19 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:02:58 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

Again, I am willing to bet that the loudest advocates of helmet laws don't
own a motorcycle.

Most likely the loudest advocates are relatives of dead or
brain-damaged former motorcycle owners.
That's usually how it works, ala MADD.

--Vic

I understand and am sympathetic to their loss.

But you have to realize that for every death or serious injury, there are
hundreds of thousands, if not millions, that never crash or have an
accident.

I just proposed a possibility of who is behind pushing the laws.
Personally, I don't like being told to wear a helmet.
But, again personally, I don't ride.

--Vic

how these laws get