posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wern Wern is offline

Default Help: Noise on SSB from Charger/Inverter

Thanks for reading this message.
Setup: Catamaran 45'
ICOM M802 with AT140 tuner, professionally installed, sidestay ant
portside
Battery Charger/Inverter Mastervolt Dakar Sinus Combi, located in engine
room s/board side.

My problem, if the Battery charger/Inverter is on, which it normaly is a
carrier every 20khz (+ -) with a 60hz humm is audible over the whole HF
spectrum. Quite strong so that weak stations are not readable. The noise
is picked up via the arial not thru the DC supply. If I disconnect the
ant
the noise is gone. But just having the ant tuner connected with no ant,
the noise is audible.
I am looking fwd to some ideas how to get rid of the interference
thanks and rgds
Wern