Tim Tim is offline

Default Speaking of boats for the middle class.

On Nov 30, 9:50 pm, HK wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:50:08 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

20% hit? I would think that the spread would be greater than that, but
then again, I really don't know. I haven't priced brand new, and
compared with a year or two older models

Depends on the boat and how old it is. 20% after the first year or
two is probably in the ballpark. After 5 to 7 years it's closer to
50% for all but the highest quality.

Depends on the boat, the demand for the boat, and its condition.

I sold my 2003 Parker 25' rig in 2007 for only 10% less than I paid for
it. No broker, either. I wasn't hurt by the fact that between 2003 and
2007, Parker raised its price for the same model boat by nearly $20,000.

Sounds to me like somebody got a bargian! buying the boat at "sale
price" with an extra 10% off.