posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default How to Make Best Use of New Chartplotter?

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 08:09:56 -0500, Jack Erbes
wrote:

That will give you an free Internet access and
an incredible increase in speed and bandwidth compared to the cell phone
card.

A typical cell phone card will get you about 384k max throughput whereas
a wireless B/G network will have many many times that, like 11 to 54 MB.

I am getting 26k with the ordinary phone line. 384k looks pretty good.
My first box, the HP 86, had a $400,400 baud modem. Still faster than
you can read it.About as fast as the dot matrix printer.

Casady