[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Yet Another Tragic Case......

On Dec 1, 11:54 am, BAR wrote:
wrote:
On Dec 1, 11:29 am, Larry wrote:

Larry
--
Isn't it ironic that the same ISPs that are telling you
you're downloads threaten their networks......
....are testing 100Gbps TV to sell on the SAME systems?http://tinyurl.com/27qx3v

I remember the phone companies telling us they could not boost the
speed of our dialups because there was copper wire running from our
homes, to the poles and they could not take the speed. Then cable
came, and dsl, and guess what, for dsl they did not have to replace
any of the wiring from my pole out front to the modem,,, hummmmmm...

Let's talk about "conditioned" vs. "unconditioned" lines. Unconditioned
lines could not be used for data transmission above 1200 baud but, a
conditioned line could go above 1200 baud. What is the difference
between the two? You paid more for a conditioned line. What happened in
1984 that as soon as ATT was broken up undonditioned lines could now
support up to 56Kbps? Absolutely nothing.- Hide quoted text -

Yep, I got that. The phone and cable companies have been doing this
for a long time so they could bring in services as "extras" or
upgrades and charge more. When we had DSL in one location, I knew a
guy that worked at the local NOC where our line met the others. He
went down the street one day and "flipped a switch" and our DSL went
ballistic with speed, anything we could throw at it