posted to rec.boats.cruising,rec.boats.electronics
Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Annapolis Alternator Shop

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:30:16 -0700, Tim wrote:

I've seen many a 130A L/N come in with stators fried to a crisp due to
rotten batteries and/or dubious ground cables. (but usually the pos.
rectifier was toast too!)

I have seen many a fusable link in an alternator output wire. How do
you fry electrical goods with a proper fuse in place? You don't. I
thought there was a voltage regulator. That doesn't protect the
alternator?

Casady