posted to rec.boats.building
Delburt D Delburt D is offline

Default SPAM 17 foot mahogany barrelback runabout just finished - SPAM

Sorry you feel that way,

While I do want to sell boats, I don't really think this is going to get me
any leads.

Just for the record I have made this post for informational reference. We
have a great discussion going on rec.boats.

We Have tried to build a boat in the spirit of the past but with newer
technology which reduces maintenance and is designed for the application.
Beside how would you feel if we took a vintage boat and modified it!! I
feel that would be sacrilege.

I am open to all questions regarding the construction methods and drive
system. I am here to share not sell.

Tom

wrote in message

Spam. Sam for a nice looking boat, but still spam.
Plus, for 100,000 to 160,000 USD I can get the
real thing, not some lame 21st century imitation.

On Nov 27, 9:03 am, "Delburt D" wrote:
Hi all,

We just completed a brand new, not restored, 17 foot African mahogany
barrelback runabout. The really cool thing about this boat is that is
has
twin 85 peak HP ELECTRIC MOTORS, Yes I said electric.

So far we have had her up over 30 MPH!.

I had to start from scratch as we could find no plans available anywhere.
found some hull design software and we took some offsets from a 1/8 scale
model and modified the hull from there to accommodate the twin screws and
additional weight of the batteries.

We are carrying a 15000 watt battery pack of 100 amp hour deep cycle AGM
batteries which will give us all day cruising at hull speed with some
reserve to show off when desired.

Check out our web sitewww.edison-marine.com

There are some streaming videos on the site.

Tom in Oregon