Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default PerfectPitch prop

On 2007-11-28 19:00:56 -0500, said:

I knew my old fixed 3 bladed prop on my 28' S2 sailboat was in bad
shape so I was expecting to replace it when I hauled her. It was
REALLY bad. Corrosion had got to it so bad that I could literally
break a blade off by pulling on it and it had huge chunks out of each
blade.

Oh, wow....

Check the rest of the bronze underwater, too, as that could be a bad sign.

So........I got on the phone to Performance Props snip From their
description, I expected a thin bladed flexible plastic thingy of some
space age resin. It got here today and I am sorta impressed and sorta
worried. It isn't a thin plastic, it is a massive plastic casting,
impressive. The blades are very thick and rounded on each face.

I first saw one about 10 years ago. I lusted after one, if only for its
beauty, but they hadn't yet perfected the 3-blade for the Yanmar -- and
they wouldn't sell me the wrong prop. (and I believe it's more like
Marelon than plastic.)

So, the prop goes on the boat tomorrow. New prop, new bottom paint,
new zinc.
Will it work better under power than my old 3 bladed prop? I'll let
you know.

Please do! I've yet to know anyone that's actually used one, but when I
talked to the guy, I got the impression that their ads are a bit
understated.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD