Bowgus

Default HELP! Water in bilge when running...

My engine cover is a diy and is completely removable allowing full access.
When I had water coming in, I pulled the cover, grabbed my son, took him for
a ride and told him to keep an eye out for water coming in. So maybe grab a
knowlegeable buddy and take him for a ride.

"Bob D." wrote in message
Thank you ev eryone. I went to the boat last night and ran her for about
10 minutes, out of gear all the way up to 3000 RPMs (for short bursts),
hovering between 2000-2800 PRMs. In gear I went as high as 2000 RPMs.
Not a drop of water ingress.

So tell me, when you had water ingress due to an exhaust coupler or other
drivetrain component, was it easy to spot dockside? Or did these symptoms
exhibit themselves only underway. For example I *could* see a rubber
coupling work dockside where there are no changing loads, but let out
significant water underway with heavier and frequent changing loads being
placed upon the drivetrain.

Any other suggestions for determining the cause of the problem?

In article J52Jc.12803$ek5.2020@pd7tw2no, "surfnturf"
wrote:

I'm with Cap F on this! Likely and attractive explaination. If not,

start
checking all hoses, heat exchanger, and manifold.

surfnturf

"Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi Bob,

I had a similar problem with a Mercruiser It turned out to be a

leaking
rubber exhaust coupler. This also explains the oily feeling in the

water.

Capt. Frank