Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Speaking of boats for the middle class.

"Tim" wrote in message

Chuck Gould wrote:

Small boats probably turn over pretty quickly. Two-foot-itis is more
prevalent in boats under 30 feet or so than with larger models.

I'd say thats right, Chuck. I bought my 83 Chriscraft 169 because the
boat was in well maintained shape and the price was right. when I took
it out the next eyar I found out it was a bit cramped for my wife,
daughter and myself. Oh it's a fun little boat, and I still enjoy
taking it out occasionally, especially for a quick trip out to the
local smaller lakes, but because of it's smaller deminsions,
that'swhen I decided to move up to the 23' Marquis Cuddie. It's a lot
more boat, and still well maintained and was priced very reasonable.
But it uses a lot more fuel. Room and ride is still a decent trade off
for the economy, though. But I'd really like to get up to a 27+ footer
again, but then again trailerability becomes a problem for cruisers,
plus at this stage the fuel expenses are prohibitive.

But yes, I think that most people start out small then for reasons
I've stated will move up to larger rather quickly.

The previous boat I bought new. But was a 14' aluminum boat and I wanted a
deep transom model, so ordered it new. Was about $2100 out the door with a
new Mariner 15 hp longshaft. 1986. The boat I have now was 4 years old
when I bought it in 1995. Is also aluminum, but was $26k in 1991. Have no
plans to trade this one. Did replace the engine 2 years ago. Previous
boats were used also.