posted to rec.boats.building
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Adventures in Lofting

Delburt D wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"cavelamb himself" wrote:

But fairing a hull can be a humbling experience.

By defination, you're hull is "fair" when your arms are so tired you
can no longer pick up a fairing boardG.

Lew

Amen to that Lew, but I have a great solution to the sore arms problem.
When I started fairing our mahogany runabout I called in some favors from my
youngest son. He is 6'3" of solid muscle. I just showed him what to do and
he faired pretty much the whole hull.

Tom
Check out our boat www.edison-marine.com

Having done quite a bit of aircraft fiberglass work I can relate to what
you guys are saying.

But MY issue was with _drafting_ the damned things.

My mouse button finger is what's sore!

Richard

Trying again...
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/draft.htm