Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default New Software Could Warn Sailors of Rogue Waves

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:59:38 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Nov 27, 10:45 am, You wrote:

sonny, you have no idea, of what you speak..........

Dear You:

Roger knows what I Im talking about. To be clear........ yes I have
seen some HUGE waves compared to the rest of the sets. Yes, there are
unusually huge waves that are not like the rest at a spot and time.
But there is nothing Roguish about them. THey happen. THey happen in
certain places because of a certain set of events. SO I ask you
again....
You, please list those conditions/events that create the really big
wave that people regretably call Rogue.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Oh, the above is called a fill in the blank........ they are a little
harder than muliple choice. But I think you cna handle it.

bob

Try http://www.math.uio.no/~karstent/waves/index_en.html
for a scientific discussion of "rogue waves".

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)