Michael Porter Michael Porter is offline

Default Stop diesel venting when filling tank?

Are you absolutely sure there is no low point in the vent line? Sounds
as though one possibility is diesel collecting somewhere and being
blown out by the filling pressure.

"Dave Isherwood" wrote:

Boat is a Carver 530 Voyager and with two vents on either side. When I fill
(even using a normal slow pump) I get diesel fuel venting. Yesterday I had
to add 200 gal. to each side and venting started after I'd put in 10 gal.
I'm at a lose to understand why this is happening. Foaming seems unlikely as
it would need to have filled 50% of the tank!

Any ideas of what is going on? Or even better a simple remedy that works!

Thanks,

Dave

Michael Porter Marine Design
mporter at mp-marine dot com