Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Getting in the spirit ...

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 06:54:13 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:24:01 -0500, "Eisboch"

You wouldn't happen to have a MIDI controller? :)
Somewhere I have a cheap midi event controller that I was fooling around
with in Florida.
I think it only has three triac outputs that you can wire to lights or other
low powered devices.

It's pretty cool, as you can assign a midi "event" on one or more of 16
tracks to pulse a set of lights on or off and sync it to any one of the
music tracks. It would run straight off the computer or from the midi thru
port on a keyboard.

I'll have to look it up, but I think the Lindsay's use a computer MIDI
something or other to a solid state powered relay bank. As I
understand it, the timing is more precise that way.

These people doing the light displays spent a lot of time programming the
sequence.

I saw an interview on the 2005 Lindsay Lights. The older of the two
said that they started programming in September as they were
installing the lights and finished in November - right before the
first show.

In 2003 it took them 30 hrs to program, in 2006 it was 60 hrs

Didn't know that.

Thanks.