Bob Bob is offline

Default New Software Could Warn Sailors of Rogue Waves

On Nov 26, 10:25 am, You wrote:
In article

Bob, spending one trip on the Bering Sea in winter doesn't make you
the Xpert, you portray.

Hi there You:

A couple things.......

1) It seems my memory is a bit sharper than yours. If you remember
correctly.... Uh, maybe I should say simply say remember, we had this
same conversation a few months ago the last time Rogue Waves surfaced.
You did the same thing then as now: A) started with "if youve ever
been in the Bering...." B) devalue my experience naming me a "bar
fly", C) attempting to build your own credibility with a few sea
stories. Maybe you should simply copy and past. It would be faster.

2) Begging your Saltyness. I'll end and say, to believe a huge
anomalous wave is cast up by the hand of Neptunus Rex to smite hapless
mariners is a somewhat outdated explanation. This simply puts boaters
in the role of victim. A step in a helpful direction requires belief
that a few really big waves are found at the 3rd SD (wings/tails) of
some scatter plot. But that is not adequate either. I ask in all
sincerity, as I did last time;

Please list those items that create/contribute to the likelihood of
"Rogue Waves."

There is finally some really good information available that not only
describe those seldom seen really big wave process, but will actually
PREDICT the likelihood of an event. So my dear Saltyness what are
those conditions and process? Or do you have only criticism and glory
day stories?

Gotta get back to work. My 2 hour library connection is running.

Bob