Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 09:09:17 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

The robin may be a Subaru brand but as I stated they look exactly like
a Honda 5 HP air cooled single cylinder "lawn mower" engine. I doubt
that they are used in home built aircraft.

Bruce-in-Bangkok

5 HP may be suitable for large models, but is low for man rated
aircraft. 1 c.c. model diesels could put out 1 HP at high revs.

Think 60 HP on up.... (Come to think of it though,
the VW was rated 28 HP at some build state...)

Brian W