Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:54:43 -0500, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I think they were actually air cooled when they were aircraft engines.
Different cylinders.

I think the VW bug engine, another horizontally opposed configuration, also
started out as an aircraft engine and they are often converted to that use.

The original volkswagen engine was designed at the same time as the
car and was not an aircraft engine (at least in original intent). I've
seen copies of the original Porsche designed "People's Car" design
drawings and certainly the engine design was part of the original
design. And, remember that the first Porsche's had very thinly
disguised volkswagen engines installed.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)