Dave Hall

Default (OT) The fox hunt

On 13 Jul 2004 17:05:27 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

America was founded on the principles of choices. Why should this not
apply to our news outlets?

Dave

In a perfect world, news would be news.
Anymore, we accept non-stop spin and editorializing as news.

News is supposed to be where people get facts about the world beyond their
immediate daily experience.

Saying that we should have a "choice" about which version of the truth to
subscribe to takes news out of the information category and puts it squarely
into religion.

Yes, you should have a religious choice.
News should be objective.

Yes it should. But absent the proper objectivity required to present
the news in the proper manner, and if spin and bias is the norm, then
we owe the people the right to see both sides of the coin and make up
their own minds.

The difference is that liberals deny that the mainstream news has any
bias. Conservatives, rather than deny it, acknowledge it, and offer
their counter perspective to provide balance.

Dave