Sir Thomas of Cannondale Sir Thomas of Cannondale is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

Captain Roger .. is your Yanmar a 2 cylinder diesel?

I should remember,, but my brain is off until 2008.

Have you ever heard of a Phasor diesel? I came across one of these.

I certainaly am no expert .. but it looked like a copy of the Beta motor.

I think Phasor even uses the same Kubota block.

==
"Roger Long" wrote in message
So you're going to keep the boat? Good move I think. It looked like a
great boat when I saw it and I think you would find something smaller
disappointing when you actually started sailing it. Docking might be
easier but the waves will be the same size and that is a very comfortable
boat.

It's hard for me to imagine putting anything in but a Yanmar considering
what a great engine I have in my boat. That's emotion however. As
pointed out elsewhere, the Yanmar of 1980 could be a very different
animal. Today's Yanmar could be from anywhere although I've heard nothing
even slightly negative about them. A friend was going to go with a Beta
for his repower. I tried to get him to take a closer look at Yanmar but
everything he sent me on Beta and the quality of their service and support
looked great. I couldn't see any reason to try to change his mind.

No diesel is going to work very hard in a sailboat and with the amount of
sailing you do. The "best" choice is probably secondary to ease of
conversion and how well it fits in. Don't make the mistake of putting in
more horsepower than the prop can use. If you don't feel underpowered
with the A4, put in the same or slightly less for a diesel.

--
Roger Long