Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:47:35 GMT, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
"Sir Thomas of Cannondale" wrote in

Who knows.

I don't think those labels make any difference any more. Manufacturers
aren't really manufacturers any more, just brokers for obscure
manufacturer contractors noone ever heard of.

Quite a bit cut

Larry
--
Xterm IS the ultimate video game...(c;

================================================= ================================

Larry ,, you once again make sound points. I am at the "just looking" stage
so I'm able to look, think, decide.
One funny quirt of the diesel marine engine market; there are no prices on
their web sites. Take a look at Beta.
They have just about everything and anything a boat owner would ever need to
know when thinking about or actually
doing/installing a repower. But NO PRICES. Nope. It always says "call
this xxxx number for a price". I find this very strange.

I wonder if it is because they use a Kubota motor and just marine it.

I think I understand the "marine changes" part but now I'm not sure.

What if a boat owner just bought a Kubota motor, like the one that Beta
uses. What is the difference between the Kubota and the
marine Beta. I realize that the motor will need a heat exchanger,
alternator, etc.

Do you know?

Any other well thought out ideas?

Thanks

In Thailand it is quite common to find Kubota engines in boats. There
is a shop just down the road that builds them. The ones here come,
second hand, from Japan, get a water cooled manifold installed
(usually) and a long propeller shaft and are mounted on open fishing
boats.

I did ask the builder how they ran and he said that they seemed to
last for ever.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)