Sir Thomas of Cannondale Sir Thomas of Cannondale is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

Wayne ,, just goofing on the net and what I've found is that the Kubota
engine is what Beta uses.

Beta makes the Marine changes.

So,, then this Phasor email shows up..

I look and the Phasor is pretty much the same as the Beta..

I'm thinking .. Kubota engine, so parts are Kubota.. but Phasor does the
marine changes.

What I think is happening is: some smart guys are figuring out the Beta
system and copying it. Why not.

Take a look at the Beta.. Kubota engine and associated parts.
Take a look at the Phasor .. Kubota and associated parts.

Both have the heat exchanger ..etc.

Beta has been advertising like crazy the last few years. Let's face it, the
buyer is paying for all that advertising.

If someone can use the Beta ideas, the Kubota engine, make the changes in
the USA.. with our weak dollar the oversea's engine's are
going to get real expensive ..

Who knows.

==
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:07:15 GMT, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

It being November .. I always think "huum, maybe this winter I will
repower"

And so I start to look around.. the ususal suspects: Beta, Yanmar,
Universal.

I stumbled.. or I should say they stumbled upon me .. the Phasor engine.

It is a Kabota.. pretty much seems like a Beta.. Since Beta are Kabota..

What do ya know?

Not much but the Kubota's have a good reputation. Is Phasor the
importer and/or marinizer?

In my experience the single most important factor in an engine
decision is the availavility of parts and service because sooner or
later you will need both. Yanmar and Westerbeke probably lead the
pack in that respect. I believe Universal is now Westerbeke.