Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Repower engine :: Phasor .. ever hear of it?

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:07:15 GMT, "Sir Thomas of Cannondale"
wrote:

It being November .. I always think "huum, maybe this winter I will repower"

And so I start to look around.. the ususal suspects: Beta, Yanmar,
Universal.

I stumbled.. or I should say they stumbled upon me .. the Phasor engine.

It is a Kabota.. pretty much seems like a Beta.. Since Beta are Kabota..

What do ya know?

Not much but the Kubota's have a good reputation. Is Phasor the
importer and/or marinizer?

In my experience the single most important factor in an engine
decision is the availavility of parts and service because sooner or
later you will need both. Yanmar and Westerbeke probably lead the
pack in that respect. I believe Universal is now Westerbeke.