posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Happiness is...

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 05:21:29 GMT, "Glenn \(s/v Seawing\)"
wrote:

This has got Dad and I talking about possibilities. He cruises on a GB42 &
I on my Gulfstar 41 Sloop. We've been trying to slow his boat down enough
so I can keep up on a regular basis. I was thinking of buying a small fleet
of large dingies to tow behind him to slow him down, but that's an expensive
option. Sounds like your idea may be well worth experimenting with. The

primary concern for me, would be damage to the transmission....those puppies
are expensive.

Tell me about it. Four man days to get one out, two to rebuild it,
three to put it back in, and about two Boat Units worth of parts.

Maybe this'll help Dad cut down on his fuel bill. I
constantly tease him 'bout it...he normally burns 4.5gph while I about
2/3gph....when I'm motoring. I sure like his GB though...maybe when I get
tired of sailing (whenever that could be). :-)

What if he towed your Gulfstar? That would slow him down! :-)