Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default I hope my next load of fuel comes from Norway

On Nov 21, 9:25�am, "Bill Kearney" wkearney-99@hot-mail-com wrote:
The citizens of this country earn a per capita income (not
"family income", but per capita) of $65,509 per year, spend a maximum
of $200 per yar for health care

Go do some homework on what the taxes are like. �Personal property, sales
(VAT) and income are quite high.

When quoting figures it's a bit more important to be citing NET figures.

You are absolutely correct.

Without going through all the math, however, would it seem like an
economy where the average income is $65,509 per person could take a
larger tax bite than an economy where the average income is 40-some
thousand per *family* and still leave a pretty decent sum left over?

I would be surprised if the net figures for Norway were substantially
below those for the US, particularly when considering that most
families earning only 40-some thousand per year in the US will have no
health insurance provided by such low wage employers. Those who can
afford it will also be paying $500-$1000 per month, or more, to insure
a family of four in the US. Out of pocket health costs are limited to
$200 per person per year in Norway, and they are a very healthy and
long lived population so it's tough to criticize the apparent quality
of health care available there.

Like I say, I'd rather send my crude oil money to Norway than to Saudi
Arabia, Russia, or China.

But I'd rather live in the US than in Norway. Warts and all. :-)