Chris Newport

Default Mercury 60 HP Problems

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 4:19 pm in rec.boats sunedog wrote:

Appreciate any help you can provide on the following:

1995 Tracker 21' Pontoon boat with 60 HP Mercury outboard (with oil
injection).
Summer of 2002 - Motor ran OK but periodically started to lose RPM's
while under way. I would be cruising at about 3000 RPM's and it would
suddenly drop down below 1000 RPM. If you played with the throttle,
it would resume normal speed and not show problem again for quite some
time (hours).

Sounds like a blocked fuel tank breather pipe or possibly
a clogged filter. Almost certainly fuel starvation of some kind.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently