Don White Don White is offline

Default Skip's Angst

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message
anews.com...

I think if I were a tired old man who attempted things greater than his
paltry ability to succeed, I would be down in the mouth, too. It would
grate on me knowing I had attempted a circumnavigation but only had enough
of the "right stuff" to get less than half the way 'round. I had bit off
more than I could chew. Boat was too big and complicated. I couldn't keep
up with the maintenance. Expenses got out of hand. Even worse is being
stuck in some backwater with no future while the trip grinds to a halt and
contemplating dying of old age among the heathens there while slumming it
aboard some decrepit old motorboat tied to a dock within sight of the
sailboat in which I failed to realize my dreams. A third world boat
person. Look over there at your erstwhile vessel and what do you see?
Failure and shame, dreams not realized. inability to finish what you
started, defeat, the end of the road.
If you call some tired old motorboat "back afloat?" But I guess it suits
you. Tired old defeated boat for a tired, defeated old geezer

snip..
Wilbur Hubbard

Good Lord...you've described Capt Neal to a 'T'! You must be well
aquainted with him, in those mosquito infested backwaters he frequents.