Shawn Willden

Default (OT) The fox hunt

Gould 0738 wrote:

Many of our major news sources make *no* attempt to be objective.

Probably. It's hard to get inside their heads to know for sure. I suspect
they do try to be objective, but not very hard, and not all the time.

The most hilarious thing I hear, several times a week, are multi-million
dollar radio personalities with the largest listening audiences in the
country moaning and wailing about being victimized by the "mainstream
media."

One nice thing about those radio shows is at least they're up front with
their biases, mostly. Their audiences mostly haven't caught onto the idea
that it's a good idea to listen to conflicting points of view and think
critically about the content, but I think that's mostly the fault of the
supposedly objective media, which has trained the last three generations to
simply accept whatever is broadcast as truth. I welcome the rise of these
blatantly biased sources in the hope that people will eventually catch onto
the idea that all news should be taken with a grain of salt.

BTW, with regard to my auto carb, I've gotten several other confirmations of
your (and Fred's) point of view from a Bayliner owner's forum. Not one
dissenting opinion, in fact. Darn it.

Shawn.