Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] Bruce in Bangkok[_2_] is offline

Default Skip's Angst

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:08:59 -0800 (PST), Bob
wrote:

On Nov 19, 5:57 pm, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

You know, we all get a bit down in the mouth at times with the whole
world crushing us. Right now, I'm trying to get a power boat fixed
enough to move on to and a sail boat fixed enough to move off of and
sell. It seems as though the work is never going to end

You tell it brother..Amen!

- I was a fool
to take this on - Lord, am I tired of boats!

Try getting a house uilt in 1905 ready to sell.
total electical
total plumbing
total land scape
total drainage
total paint..... interior.....interior

Ugggggg!

But, I've found that if you just take things one day at a time and do
what you can each day somehow, all at once, you find that you have,
somehow, worked your way out of the mess and are back afloat.

Right on bro.......almost ready for the For Sail sign!

I'm not much of a drinker but I do believe that the AA guys have
something with their one day at a time thing.

Ya, I wish i could hang wit dat crew but booze is a cheep and
availible drug. Ask me why it took 11 years to get a BS.and it wasnt
ETOH.

hey Bruce.........
good on 4 ur post
havnt been in ur parts 4 a while......... since 70.......
have the bars changed? Cheep huch and mama son for 100 MPC?

Bob

Yes, well... Prices have gone up some from what you saw back in the
70's. But you are talking MPC? No MPC in Thailand. If you are talking
about Viet Nam I rotated stateside in 1967 and went back once in about
1972, or there about, to look at a job and I thought that the prices
had gone up some then so imagine that they are sky high now.

Prices in Thailand, since 1970, has gone up quite a lot. It is hard to
talk prices as bars range from bamboo hootch to posh establishments
but as a sort of average I'd say that a bottle of beer would run
between 50 - 100 baht a bottle and a "lady" about 1,000 baht a night.
The exchange rate is *about* 33 baht to the US$.

Bruce-in-Bangkok
(Note:remove underscores
from address for reply)