Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default Skip's Angst

"Dennis Pogson" wrote:

The onset of winter causes many of us who are far from manic depressive to
feel "down". Many of my neighbours counter this by heading south, at least

When I saw what the problem was, I immediately thought SAD (Seasonal
Affective Disorder or becoming depressed when there is less light).

Going south will probably help if that is what it is. A friend of
mine who lived in ND had it, and I recommended extra light before
arising.

as far south of the equator as they currently live north of it.

snip

The medical profession are onto these seasonal feelings of depression in a
big way. In the UK one can buy all manner of simulated-daylight devices
which are guaranteed to increase your carbon footprint if not cure your
depression.

None of this will be of the slightest interest to the true depressive, and I
feel for you Skip.

Couldn't it be both?

You may gain some solace from the fact that you are not alone. Winston
Churchill was similarly afflicted. Maybe it is one of the downsides of true
greatness.