Gould 0738

Default (OT) The fox hunt

Gould 0738 wrote:
News should be objective.

That's impossible. News is *always* biased, and the whole notion of
objectivity in journalism is the biggest single factor in the political
dumbing-down of Americans that has occurred over the last few decades.

Congrats on a very insightful post.

Many of our major news sources make *no* attempt to be objective. As you
observe, that's not a problem until some of these highly biased sources declare
that they are bastions of objectivity and that all *other* sources, with a
different agenda, are hopelessly biased.

The most hilarious thing I hear, several times a week, are multi-million dollar
radio personalities with the largest listening audiences in the country moaning
and wailing about being victimized by the "mainstream media."