BAR BAR is offline

Default Support the troops

JimH wrote:
"Reginald Smithers III" wrote in message
news
JimH wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
Something cool that Xerox is doing ... Please take a moment to go to the
website below and pick out a thank you card for our Troops. We've got
tons
to be thankful for during the holiday season. Wouldn't it be wonderful
of
each of our soldiers (and Marines, of course) received a bunch of
these???

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a
thank
you card. Then Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier
currently serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the
armed
services.

Have a super day!

I guess I missed your comments in the "Our Marine" supporting my son and
his accomplishment.

Does your son read rec.boats while he is in training?

As Tom knows, I pass along the support shown to our troops here to my son
and the other Marines I personally know.

I have yet to read any support to my son in the "Our Marine" thread.

So what is your point?

Your son has done something selfless. He is not looking for public
affirmation of his actions and neither should you. I know you are proud
of your son and you want the best for him but you really need to give it
a rest. Put some time and effort into Toys for Tots or some other
charitable activity.

I have a cousin who is going to Iraq for the second time, his first tour
was in Afghanistan. Hell, he may be in country already, I haven't heard
from him in a couple of weeks. His battalion was in Kuwait for some
acclimation and desert training before moving north, he is a Major and
is the XO of his battalion. Just before he left Iraq last time his
battalion's XO was KIA with two weeks before the went home.