Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default November 12th - Becalmed, bothered and bewildered (another riff on another song) and other last-ditch efforts

On 2007-11-16 18:11:02 -0500, Bob said:

On Nov 16, 1:24 pm, "Roger Long" wrote:
Skip,

I, for one, did not miss that single chilling phrase buried in your
post. It sounds like the specter that haunts all of us who hope to do
things like cruise extensively. I hope it works out and I will be
thinking of you until I hear more.

--
Roger Long

Hi Roger:

Are you refering to Skips comment below:

"... The last week has been very difficult, and I'm still trying to
come to grips with it all; my life is irretrievably changed. I just
don't know by how much, yet...."

What do you think: giving up the boat or giving up Lydia?

Bob

Having known them for a while and having met them recently (in
Annapolis), my "read" of what Bob quoted (I am not certain what Roger
was referring to) was that Skip has finally realized that he's cruising
and disconnected from his previous land-bound life.

That realization *IS* a watershed event.

Takes most long-distance cruising couples a year or two to get to that
point. Skip got there in about 20 weeks.

I don't believe giving up Lydia has anything to do with it. They have
too much history prior to their marriage for that to be a factor. My
observation is that they are first and foremost friends, and if Lydia
were uncomfortable, Skip would adjust automatically to make her
comfortable, without further thought. Yeah, he wants to cruise, but
Lydia is quite a bit more important. (and when I observed them
first-hand, Lydia was incredibly gung-ho.)

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD