posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard[_2_] Richard[_2_] is offline

Default How to Make Best Use of New Chartplotter?

Just picked up a boat (Sabre 32) and a new chartplotter (Garmin 545). I also
have a laptop onto which I downloaded the free charts for my area.

I know I can wire in my Datamarine 2000 series speed and depth sensors to
the Garmin. I know I can wire the GPS output to one of those new fancy
radios.

But what is the best way to hook up the Garmin to the laptop and what
specific software should I install onto the laptop to take advantage of the
maps, the Garmin GPS data and the laptop? Any other suggestions for getting
the most out of these devices? Thanks.

Richard