Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Windvanes

Stephen Trapani wrote:
Roger Long wrote:
"Lauri Tarkkonen" wrote

Unless you sell your boat. If I sell my boat, I can loosen four
bolts, ....

That might have influenced my thinking if I planned on selling the
boat. My plan is to sail it until everyone I know is shaking their
heads and saying, "We've got to get the old guy off the boat before he
hurts himself."

The economics of boats are such a black hole though that the lose of
value I would get selling the windvane would be the least of it. I've
got about 40K of hard cash and hard labor in a boat I would be lucky
to get 16 thousand for in today's depressed market. Nobody wants old
sailboats no matter how solid they are.

Don't know much about today's depressed market where you are, but 16K
looks at least 10K low to me, compared to what other similar boats sell
for here in the PNW.

Stephen

Go to yachtworld and compare prices on the same boat in the PNW and
the NE. Significant differences.
Gordon