posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] terry@terryking.us is offline

Default diode in charging circuit

On Nov 14, 8:01 am, wrote:
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:23:43 -0000, "Alec" wrote:
Is the "more than 15 v " with the battery connected to the generator or when
disconnected and open circuit?
The simplest solution is probably a series resistor to limit the charge to
about 1 amp or less which should not upset a reasonably sized battery.

Try a 21W car bulb and measure the current.

Alec

What? This is gibberish.

Hmmm. Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe you could ask a question about
what you don't understand, and then we can all learn something.

Limiting the charging current to avoid damaging the battery is
certainly a workable approach.