posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Cruise Ship Runs Aground in Atlantic ICW - Obstruction Blocks Traffic

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:32:48 GMT, Jere Lull wrote:

Side issue: Silliest thing I see on the Bay is the mid-size Sea Rays
(primarily) going along "on plane" with the bow ridiculously above the
helmsman's line of sight. They throw an enormous wake for their size
and speed and look so strange with their bows pointing up to the sky.

And there's no reason for it either. All Searays have trim tabs, and
the I/O models also have adjustable tilt/trim on the outdrive. It is
relatively easy to trim them flat if you know what you're doing, and
fuel economy usually improves as a bonus.