Lauri Tarkkonen Lauri Tarkkonen is offline

Default Windvanes

In "Lew Hodgett" writes:

"Roger Long" wrote:

Ah, a tiller. Yes, a tiller installation would close the complexity

gap
considerably but I have a wheel.

Take a look at the Fleming servo unit.

316L investment cast parts, common bearings with popular winches, no
control lines req'd, provides emergency rudder as std.

Add a push-pull stick type auto pilot and your home free.

Free that is, except in your wallet.

Lew

Fleming is in principle very much like Windpilot. The difference being
that now and then Fleming seems to be out of operation, but Förthman
keeps on working. I had a long discussion with Fleming representative in
London Boat show when I still was pondering various options. The fellow
making monitors is a Swede, I have discussed with thim several times at
London Boats show, but both Monitor and Aries are just too bulky and
have too much material where it is not needed.

- Lauri Tarkkonen