Robert Musgine Robert Musgine is offline

Default Pictures do not lie..Shifting Baselines

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 12, 5:25 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
"Gordon" wrote in message

Joe wrote:
If you have not seen this, it's a eye opener for some.

http://www.shiftingbaselines.org/sli...istine_hi.html

Joe

Pure Al Gore type BS.
Gordon

The little presentation defeats its own argument. How? It uses today as a
baseline of how different things were in past years than they are today.
It
assumes that today's baseline is abnormal and yesterday's is normal.
Further, it selects images from today vs. images of yesterday selected
specifically to show great differences. Photos of large game fish vs.
photos
of smaller fish. Sparse reefs vs. teaming reefs. Were there no pictures
of
people holding up smaller fish in years past? No pictures of sparse
reefs?
Certainly there were so why didn't they select those photos? It's because
those photos would not further their agenda. It's all about agenda and
any
intelligent person should realize that. Pictures lie!

Things change. That's the only true baseline. This is also where human
caused global warming can be shown to be such a sham. It assumes today's
baseline is abnormal because it differs from some pre-selected past
baseline. Duh!

Wilbur Hubbard

Jimminy Crickets Wilbur! I'vs seen in my own lifetime a great
reduction of game and fish due to humans taking them all. Here Stone
Crabs for example, use to see them all the time even as late as the
80's ...now you do not see any here. Same with big Groupers and large
game fish. And my neighbor who lived on Galveston bay way back in 1900
(RIP) use to tell me how Galveston Bay was crystal clear and you could
pick up oysters as big as your hand all day long.

I agree that the only thing that stays the same is change, but we
should focus on change for the better. Or do you just feel you are
here for the ride, and should just go with the flow and consider
exhausting instead of conserving resources as a natural process?

Joe

Don't forget the dinosuars too! Fred Flinstone and Barney went out and
clubbed them all to death. That's why there are none left.