Lauri Tarkkonen Lauri Tarkkonen is offline

Default Windvanes

In . com Bob writes:

On Nov 12, 8:04 am, "Roger Long" wrote:
Bob,

The tone of your reply makes a lot more sense to me when I read what you
just posted and realize that you are tilting at windmills.

I think, but maybe I'm wrong, that the OP was talking about windVANES, those
wonderful devices that steer the boat without using any of the electrical
power that would be produced by a windMILL.

I have no experience with the latter aside from occasionally wondering how
people put up with the noise when I get close to one.

--
Roger Long

Hey Roger !

Duhhh, a second read I find myself embarrassed by my critical and
shallow understanding of the post.
You are right ! Ah, wind vanes............ got one, an Aries. Works
great but always a bit nervous when stuffing the stern into a tight
slip. Lots of money hanging off the stern to get bent out of shape.

Thanks for the correction Roger. But I still draw the line at wind
mills on a boat.

Bob

If you had a Windpilot, you did not have this problem. :-).

- Lauri Tarkkonen